Sunday 17 July 2011

A little bit about Santa Macabre being vegan!

Santa Macabre is an animal friendly company. I strive to create items without using any animal derived materials such as feathers etc. Though I do love the look of faux fur, and I find it fun making artificial animal skulls, I love and respect animals more. I have specific views on animal related issues, which I am sure I will touch on again! I am a lot more relaxed than I used to be though, in that I can see aggression can hinder rather than help the cause. Anyway, for now I just felt like sharing some awesome music that inspires me every time I listen to it. And I've also popped in a couple of other videos at the bottom of this post that I think most people would find interesting, not just vegetarians and vegans :)


Rise Against - Ready To Fall

Propagandhi - Purina Hall of Fame
Conflict - This is the ALF
Icons of Filth - Show Us You Care
The documentary Earthlings (narrated by one of my favourite actors, Joaquin Phoenix) is one of the most amazing pieces of film I have ever seen. I would suggest anyone and everyone should watch this, if even just to get a better view of what animals are used for on this planet.
Gary Yourofsky is an amazing vegan speaker. It's brilliant to be able to hear the facts in such a down to earth manner, and he makes it so easy to relate.
This provides some answers on the whole "But humans need to eat meat" argument.
And lastly, this man was the single most reason I decided to finally take the step to go vegan. After reading his book (From Dusk Til Dawn) on his life as an animal rights activist, I knew that there was nothing that could possibly be better (for myself, the planet and of course, the animals) than being vegan.

No comments:

Post a Comment